Tuesday 26 March 2013

Knitting for the Daily Mail

I recently received an email from the Daily Mail promotions team asking whether I could help them out. [ok... the Daily Mail contacting me... I'm listening!]

They were launching a campaign called Get Knitting! They had the patterns but were looking for knitters to knit the items so they could be used as props in their supporting TV advert. Yes, you read that correctly!

I picked out my two patterns...
 
A Rice Stitch Scarf


 
Bunny Egg Cosies (x3)
 
The catch... they wanted them doing in a 24-hour turnaround and were sending a courier!! eeekk!!
 
It was fate that I had the next day off work, so I accepted the challenge :)
 
I sourced my yarn and cast on.
 
I knit like a banshee that couldn't knit quick enough and voila...
 


 
They collected and they said they were amazing :)
 
My knitting was then sent for filming, editing and a few days after (Friday 22nd March to be precise) the advert was played over all of the ITV owned channels for the whole day!
 
Here is a link to the advert on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0nojaNjUB4
 
And here is a link to the shorter advert that was played on Sunday 24th March - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awjmPS94EIo


From Saturday just gone through to next Saturday you can claim a free Get Knitting knitting card when you buy a copy of the Dailly Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment